Join us for a session with Ken from Hackney City Farm on beekeeping and herbs where we will look at how bees need herbs, herbs need bees and we need both.
You will learn how to care for bees in the city, how to harvest bee products sustainably and to harness the skin-nurturing properties of herbs, beeswax and honey.
We will talk about how bees work together, using herbs to manage their own health, and work with you to turn herbs, beeswax and honey into natural cosmetics. You will get to take home what you make including a skin balm and a face mask.
The workshop will cover:
– How to care for bees with tips for you to do your bit for pollinators everywhere
– How bees produce everything from honey to propolis
– An introduction to a range of herbs that are good for the skin
– How to turn beeswax and essential oils into a skin and lip balm
– How to make a face mask with honey
We can’t guarantee a sunny day, but if it is warm and dry we will also visit the apiary and look inside the hives.
Tickets £95.00 to include all materials. To book on please contact Ken on Ken@HackneyCityFarm.co.uk