This informative workshop will be a mix of theory and practical activities to give you all the knowledge to feel confident about growing your own herbs. It is suitable for complete beginners and those who already have some gardening or growing experience.
- Growing herbs in different conditions: urban growing, raised beds, in pots, on patios, roof spaces etc.
- Soil care, maintaining herbs using organic methods
- Propagation: growing herbs from seed, cuttings or division
- Harvesting, drying and storage of herbs
- Applications of herbs for tea, cosmetics and natural remedies will be touched on throughout the day
Tickets £50, which includes all the materials, a full set of handouts plus a goodie bag with 3 packets of seed, a herb plant and pair of herb cutters. You'll also take home sown seeds and herb cuttings that you will do during the class.
Drinks and light refreshments will be be provided. Participants can bring their own lunch or have lunch in the cafe at the Farm.
Hackney Herbal is a social enterprise and 10% of your ticket price goes towards our community wellbeing work.
Previous participants said:
"Thank you so much for an enjoyable day and for feeding my craving of planting herbs and plants. Hopefully my herbs will stay alive now"
"Thank you for an informative workshop. Has inspired me to learn more and experiment with growing herbs"
"I felt this was a really good mix of practical and theory which was perfect for the planned workshop. Nat was very knowledgable and had no hesitation in answering any questions posed. Had a really relaxed style of delivery"