This informative workshop will be a mix of theory and practical activities to give you all the knowledge to feel confident about growing your own herbs. It is also suitable for complete beginners and those who already have some gardening or growing experience.
- Growing herbs in different conditions: urban growing, raised beds, in pots, on window sills, roof spaces etc.
- Soil care, maintaining herbs and natural feeds to nurture your plants
- Propagation, growing herbs from seed, cuttings or division
- Harvesting, drying and storage of herbs
- Applications of herbs for tea, cosmetics and natural remedies
Tickets £40, which includes all the materials, a full set of handouts plus a goodie bag with 3 packets of seed, a herb plant and pair of herb cutters. You'll also take home sown seeds and herb cuttings that you will do during the class.
Drinks and light refreshments will be be provided. Participants can bring their own lunch or have lunch in the cafe at the Farm.
Hackney Herbal is a social enterprise and 10% of your ticket price goes towards our community wellbeing work.